Account Executive (US)
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
- You will own the full sales cycle from lead to close
- Educate customers on the value of Codat through tailored demonstrations and presentations
- Build relationships with senior executives and decision makers across multiple departments within a company
- Drive revenue growth through proactive outreach to new and existing customers
- Provide recommendations based on a customer’s business needs and usage patterns
- Get into territory and conduct onsite meetings with key customers
- Collaborate with internal teammates to ensure customer success with special emphasis on signup, expansion, and renewal
- Communicate and organize/escalate issues appropriately including: billing, legal, security, and technical inquiries
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas of the product
- You will be based in New York Metro Area or the San Francisco Bay Area
No matter what we are doing, whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other, we try at all times to live by our values:
We believe in delivering technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always sexy but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We have each other’s back - when things go wrong, there isn't blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with an even better outcome - not letting our egos win.
We believe that constant drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the primary method of building great things. We are biased towards action - our decisions are informed and then we act. There is no such thing as a hard problem - it is how we outperform others.
What excites us
- 3+ years of closing experience, preferably in SaaS and evidence of high performance
- Relevant sales experience in financial services, preferably in a SaaS organization
- Experience in a fast-growing start-up
- A consistent track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- Articulate, clear, and concise written and spoken communication
- Deep curiosity of the way businesses operate, and the priorities that drive decisions
- An active interest in customer satisfaction and deep customer relationships
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle opportunities at various stages of the buying process
- Ability to be flexible, adaptive, and resilient
- Bachelor's degree
- The ability to travel whenever required