Application Support Engineer
What we do at Codat
Codat is a fast-growing technology company headquartered in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our product is a universal API for small business financial data.
We build developer-friendly infrastructure that gives businesses the ability to create their own next-generation products without sacrificing time to market. We are well-funded with a large and growing number of enterprise and fintech clients.
We’ve most recently received a $10 million investment from Index Ventures, a leading global venture capital firm. We were also awarded a £5m grant from the RBS Capability and Innovation Fund last year to help power our growth with a focus on expansion into the US and a further £2.5m this year from the same fund to invest in the development of our product.
What you will be doing
Codat’s Support Engineers provide first class support to our growing list of global clients. Our Support engineers should share Codat’s passion for delivering an excellent product to our clients, and effectively helping them with any issues they have.
You’ll be responsible for handling technical questions and requests for assistance via our support ticketing system. You’ll be working closely with our Solutions and Commercial teams to ensure clients have the best possible experience when using Codat’s technology.
We use technologies including Azure WebApps, WebJobs/Service Bus, Table Storage & SQLto run our product which is built in C# (.NET Core & Framework), ASP.NET and ReactJS. Any previous experience with these technologies would be an advantage, but it’s not a requirement for anyone who is happy to do some on-the-job, self-driven learning.
- Respond to client’s technical support requests and feature related questions, while ensuring a seamless handover between UK and US support
- Assist technical and non-technical clients with using Codat’s technology
- Work closely with other members of the support team to lead investigations into complicated, technical issues and create clear, reproducible test cases for engineers to resolve
- Become a subject matter expert in Codat’s technology
- Collaborate and coordinate with other Codat teams, across Solutions, Client success, Production and Engineering, to ensure we’re delivering the best product and services to our clients
- Build and maintain scripts and other tooling to help the support process
- Create and improve documentation and process to minimize repeating support issues
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We are passionate about doing the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a big difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs, hold each other to account, and support each other in learning - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards clearly stated goals is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions, we share our ideas, and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Strong written and verbal communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills, with a focus on identifying issues and mistakes and quickly finding ways to rectify them
- Client focused, with the needs and demands of our clients a primary motivation
- Self-motivated to work remotely and learn about new technologies and business sectors
- Excellent time management and organization skills to manage multiple client requests
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a client facing position, preferably in a technical support role
- Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) and/or programming experience
- Technical experience in accounting, lending, payment or commerce sectors is beneficial