Assistant Finance Manager
What we do at Codat
Codat is a fast-growing technology company located in Clerkenwell, Central London. We are a universal API for small business financial data.
We build developer-friendly infrastructure that gives businesses the ability to create their own next-generation products. We have a rapidly growing number of enterprise and fintech clients. Our recent $10m Series A with Index Ventures will help us to drive expansion in North America. We have also received £7.5m in grant funding from RBS Capability and Innovation Fund to help drive innovation and increase competition in the UK small business banking sector.
What you will be doing
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure the smooth day to day running of financial operations.
- Taking ownership of sales invoicing, and trade debtors
- Taking ownership of processing supplier invoices and setting up supplier payment.
- Preparing UK and US monthly payroll for review
- Preparing management accounts for review, including variances to budget
- Performing month end journals
- Maintaining balance sheet reconciliations and reconciling bank statements daily and at month end
- Preparing and calculating intercompany transactions
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns and EC sales list for review
- Assisting with annual budgeting and reforecasting
- Assisting with yearend group audit
- Continually improve processes and automation to ensure the finance function is efficient
- Liaising with supplier and customers as necessary
- Technical accounting research
- Knowledge sharing with colleagues, as we are a business that relies on an understanding of accounting and accounting software for our product
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What Excites Us
- You are passionate about accounting, you may currently work for an accounting firm looking to move into industry for the first time or have a couple of years experience in industry
- If you are ACA, ACCA OR CIMA fully qualified.
- You may have come from an accounting firm looking for your first move to an internal accounting role.
- You can work closely with stakeholders at all levels and can communicate effectively
- You are passionate about the work you do and happy to work closely with others in the business to improve their accounting knowledge
- You can prioritise work effectively and are proactive in solving problems.
- You want to contribute to the success of a fast-growing business, not just do another job.
- You are someone that wants to keep learning and improving your accounting skills and knowledge.
- If you have experience with Xero and/or Netsuite products this would be ideal.