Business Development Representative (US)
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
The Business Development Representative will help fuel Codat’s sales function by sourcing, qualifying and engaging with new and existing prospects at the top of the sales funnel.
You will need to hit the ground running, being able to quickly assess and understand a prospect’s needs and pain points, while articulately and succinctly applying Codat’s value proposition. You will be out meeting prospects, attending events and networking to heavily contribute towards the pipeline within a dynamic and high performing sales team.
This is imperative to the scalability of the business and more often than not you’ll be the first point of contact a prospect has with Codat. This role has a direct route to enterprise sales in 18 – 24 months.
- Work within a high performing commercial team nurturing, educating and developing prospects before handing over to the wider commercial team
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas
- Work closely with marketing, strategy and product to identify new opportunities and formulate and execute an outbound sales strategy increasing qualified and engaged opportunities for the wider commercial team
- Regularly attend events to source, qualify and engage new and existing opportunities
- Take ownership in improving and creating various sales-related processes
- Track all engagements in the CRM system effectively
- Constantly improve your knowledge of Codat’s evolving product and value proposition
No matter what we are doing, whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other, we try at all times to live by our values:
We believe in delivering technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always sexy but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We have each other’s back - when things go wrong, there isn't blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with an even better outcome - not letting our egos win.
We believe that constant drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the primary method of building great things. We are biased towards action - our decisions are informed and then we act. There is no such thing as a hard problem - it is how we outperform others.
What excites us
- Fast learner - Codat’s solution is complex, we’re looking for someone who can quickly get a grasp of our product and our value proposition
- Excellent communication skills, being able to succinctly and articulately describe Codat’s value proposition in a couple of sentences that resonates with specific stakeholders from various industries will be key to succeeding in this role
- Tenacity to over achieve, we’re looking for someone who wants to outperform their target on a regular basis and is prepared to put in the hard work to do so
- A clear ambition to progress upwards through various sales roles within the team
- Experience working within a sales function
- Experience working within Codat’s key industries such as lending, payments or e-commerce
- Team players