Business Development Representative (US)
What we do at Codat
Codat is a fast-growing technology company headquartered in Central London and recently expanding into New York. Our product is a universal API for small business financial data.
We build developer-friendly infrastructure that gives businesses the ability to create their own next- generation products without sacrificing time to market. We are well-funded with a large and growing number of enterprise and fintech clients.
We’ve most recently received a $10 million investment from Index Ventures, a leading global venture capital firm. We were also awarded a £5m grant from the RBS Capability and Innovation Fund last year to help power our growth with a focus on expansion into the US.
What you will be doing
The Business Development Representative will help fuel Codat’s sales function by sourcing, qualifying and engaging with new and existing prospects at the top of the sales funnel.
You will need to hit the ground running, being able to quickly assess and understand a prospect’s needs and pain points, while articulately and succinctly applying Codat’s value proposition. You will be out meeting prospects, attending events and networking to heavily contribute towards the pipeline within a dynamic and high performing sales team.
This is imperative to the scalability of the business and more often than not you’ll be the first point of contact a prospect has with Codat. This role has a direct route to enterprise sales in 18 – 24 months.
- Work within a high performing commercial team nurturing, educating and developing prospects before handing over to the wider commercial team
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas
- Work closely with marketing, strategy and product to identify new opportunities and formulate and execute an outbound sales strategy increasing qualified and engaged opportunities for the wider commercial team
- Regularly attend events to source, qualify and engage new and existing opportunities
- Take ownership in improving and creating various sales-related processes
- Track all engagements in the CRM system effectively
- Constantly improve your knowledge of Codat’s evolving product and value proposition
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Fast learner - Codat’s solution is complex, we’re looking for someone who can quickly get a grasp of our product and our value proposition
- Excellent communication skills, being able to succinctly and articulately describe Codat’s value proposition in a couple of sentences that resonates with specific stakeholders from various industries will be key to succeeding in this role
- Tenacity to over achieve, we’re looking for someone who wants to outperform their target on a regular basis and is prepared to put in the hard work to do so
- A clear ambition to progress upwards through various sales roles within the team
- Experience working within a sales function
- Experience working within Codat’s key industries such as lending, payments or e-commerce
- Team players