Client Success Manager (US)
What we do at Codat
Codat is a fast-growing technology company headquartered in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our product is a universal API for small business financial data.
We build developer-friendly infrastructure that gives businesses the ability to create their own next-generation products without sacrificing time to market. We are well-funded with a large and growing number of enterprise and fintech clients.
We’ve most recently received a $10 million investment from Index Ventures, a leading global venture capital firm. We were also awarded a £5m grant from the RBS Capability and Innovation Fund last year to help power our growth with a focus on expansion into the US and a further £2.5m this year from the same fund to invest in the development of our product.
What you will be doing
As a client success manager you will contribute to the success and scale of Codat by focusing on managing relationships, contracts and renewals for the existing book of clients. You will be responsible for the retention and growth of your assigned portfolio.
You will develop long standing relationships with clients based on trust. Utilising account mapping to grasp a deep understanding of client organisations and stakeholders in order to grow accounts and refer new business opportunities to sales.
You will work closely with our Product team and Solution engineers to ensure client feature requests and product improvements are documented and prioritized accordingly. You will be digesting difficult yet exciting concepts and be key in effectively communicating these in a succinct manner.
Building on your strong relationships with our clients you will ensure sensitive situations are handled delicately and with consideration.
- Establish relationships with your assigned portfolio of clients and ensure a slick and seamless handover from sales
- Identify growth opportunities and maintain portfolio control to ensure they are met with consultative input at every interaction
- Provide recommendations based on a client’s business need and usage patterns
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure client success with an emphasis on usage, expansion and renewal
- Serve as the voice of the client and collect feedback to drive continuous improvements across all areas of the product
- Identify problem clients and churn risks and ensure there is a plan to avoid churn and retain as many clients as possible
- Use existing CRM (Salesforce) to build a detailed calendar of actions for the portfolio of clients and arrange in-person meetings with all applicable clients
- Accountable for Codat’sannual net dollar retention goal
No matter what we are doing, whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other, we try at all times to live by our values:
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Concise and clear written and verbal communication
- Strong stakeholder management including the ability to overcome objections and build rapport with difficult clients
- Must have a sales attitude
- Self starter who is happy working independently and with the ability to ramp up quickly and consistently deliver results
- Ability to understand growth opportunities by listening and asking questions
- Excellent time management and organization skills to manage multiple clients
- Experience in an account management / relationship-based role preferably at a market leading technology or financial services firm
- Experience with Codat’s key markets lending, payments or commerce is beneficial