Commercial Partnerships Manager
What we do at Codat
Codat is a fast-growing technology company based in London expanding rapidly into the US and Canada. Our product is a universal API for small business financial data.
Banks and fintechs use our technology to easily connect to the software systems used by their small business customers, allowing them to read and write data via a single API. Codat’s technology has many applications across financial services and business services but lending is our most established sector. Given the current economic climate, lenders need for real time data on their business customers has never been greater.
We are well-funded with a large and growing number of enterprise and fintech clients. We’ve most recently received a $10 million investment from Index Ventures, a leading global venture capital firm. We have also been awarded £7.5m in grant funding from the RBS Capability and Innovation Fund to help power our growth.
What you will be doing
Codat’s partner ecosystem is growing rapidly, covering technical & non-technical partnerships, engaging in either introducer/referral engagements, or enterprise distribution licenses.
Your role will be to rapidly expand the network of technically enabled “introducer” partnerships – software providers that serve the same market as Codat, and benefit from Codat data fuelling their products, such as analytics, cashflow forecasting, underwriting, and much more. These partnerships will initially drive leads for the sales team, but, over time, will become instrumental in creating the first Codat partner marketplace.
In order to achieve this ambition, your role will be:
- Based in London or remote (we can be flexible)
- Arranging discovery meetings and calls with partners to understand their current way of working and any pain points – theirs or their customers – that Codat can solve
- Explaining the different partnership engagement models to prospective partners, and establishing the appropriate model for each partner
- Demonstrating Codat’s product capabilities to prospective partners following detailed discovery session
- Owning overall relationship with both new and assigned partner accounts, identifying key stakeholders and building relationships with influencers, users and decision makers to successful introduction to Codat, or distribution of Codat’s API
- Collaborating closely with Codat’s solutions team to ensure that new technical partnership implementations and proof of concepts of Codat are timely and successful
- Territory planning and strategic account planning to ensure successful attainment of commercial targets
- Helping champions to write detailed business cases to help build consensus across their organisations
- Understanding critical goals and key performance indicators to clearly understand and measure success
- Engaging in regular partner outreach, ongoing checkpoints, product feature requests and escalations as needed
- Negotiating enterprise distribution agreements (£50k - £1m per annum) to ensure overachievement of annual sales targets
Working with our engineering and product teams to translate partner feedback into product & market insights
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We are passionate about doing the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a big difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs, hold each other to account, and support each other in learning - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards clearly stated goals is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions, we share our ideas, and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- 3+ years of quota carrying experience and evidence of high performance
- Experience in enterprise or Tech/SaaS sales
- Experience working for a start-up or scale-up
- Experience in financial services or selling to financial service providers
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, and negotiating skills
- Strong executive and sales presence
- Good understanding of Codat and our clients’ products