Content Marketing Lead
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
Codat is looking for a B2B focused Content Marketer to build out and lead our Content Marketing team. You’ll be responsible for owning our content strategy and delivering a well-researched, memorable content programme that differentiates our brand and inspires our audiences. You are comfortable crafting communication for both technical and business stakeholders, and you have experience producing content across multiple channels, from long-form reports, to blog posts and podcasts.
You will develop a deep understanding of the markets we operate in and industries we serve, identifying where and how content can provide the greatest value. The ideal individual will have experience writing about technology and finance, and the work samples to prove it. Experience producing developer-focused content at an API company is a huge plus.
- Develop, implement and evolve a cutting-edge content marketing strategy. Create innovative, high-quality marketing campaigns to reach new audiences. Continually synthesize data and evaluate strategy to align with our customers and identify where Codat should go next.
- Design, build and inspire a world-class Content Marketing organisation. Lead and inspire a team of creative marketers.
- Lead great campaigns. As Content Marketing Lead you will help build Codat’s market reputation as the home of insightful and original content within our market.
- Establish best-in-class operations and infrastructure. Develop standards and processes for all aspects of content marketing.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts to write long and short form content
- Work with our product and engineering teams to uncover content themes and topics that can differentiate our platform and empower our customers
- Take ownership of Codat’s brand voice, evolve it and make sure it's communicated and used across the board within the organisation
- Support thought leadership efforts including working with executive leadership on stories, announcements, and presentations
- Help Codat evolve its core narrative and help us tell our story in a more captivating way across not just marketing but the whole organisation
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Proven experience creating B2B-focused content in a technology company or fast-growing business in the finance sector
- A strong portfolio of material showcasing your work across multiple marketing channels
- Strategic-thinking with a high degree of creativity to execute on high-impact, high-leverage, innovative materials and programmes
- Experience building a brand from scratch, not just defending well established brands
- Strong content development skills, experience working with client-facing teams to understand market needs, and a track record of developing best-in-class materials and activations
- Is data-driven with a strong understanding of SEO; experience using tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Pardot, and more
- Experience in full-funnel content marketing, as well as content distribution and promotion
- The ability to juggle multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment A bias towards action and getting things done
- A genuine interest in fintech and small businesses
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you