Delivery Manager (Design)
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
This new role will have a unique focus within the organisation. This role will entail all the usual functions and expectations of a delivery manager but with assigned to working with our design team rather than engineering teams. As we grow as a business and our front-end work becomes ever more important to our growth, this role will play an important part in our growth and success.
You will be collaborating with teams across the business with a specific focus on working with our Design Team to ensure that design work is understood, prioritised and delivered on time. The remit is broad, in doing whatever is necessary to enable smooth delivery, but will likely include:
- Partnering with the Design Lead and Engineering Leads in organising feature backlogs and planning delivery
- Working with product managers, business analysts, designers or other stakeholders to specify deliverables and solve problems.
- Ensuring strong delivery focus in each sprint and commitments are delivered.
- Managing dependencies between teams on complex projects
- Plan and manage feature backlog for the Design team also working closely with other delivery managers and Engineering teams.
- Lead delivery ceremonies (refinement, estimation, stand ups, retrospectives), bringing in relevant stakeholders as required
- Lead feature breakdown/story mapping activity, leading to clearly articulated user stories with high quality Acceptance Criteria (with Lead Designer/PM/Engineer lead - as required))
- Prevent teams from becoming blocked by proactively identifying and resolving potential blockers; Own resolution of unforeseen obstacles
- Act as gate keeper for the team to prevent loss of focus in sprint; safeguard feature backlog plan/dates when at risk
- Look to continuously Improve our design processes.
- Foster a collaborative and outcome focused team culture
- Report and track effectively what work made It to production and which work remains on backlogs to be fed to Engineering.
No matter what we are doing, whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other, we try at all times to live by our values:
We believe in delivering technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always sexy but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We have each other’s back - when things go wrong, there isn't blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with an even better outcome - not letting our egos win.
We believe that constant drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the primary method of building great things. We are biased towards action - our decisions are informed and then we act. There is no such thing as a hard problem - it is how we outperform others.
What excites us
- A fondness for implementing and adhering to [the right amount of] smart process to support efficient and scalable delivery, whilst also maintaining agility and pace and pace
- A ‘get it done’, outcome focussed attitude: People who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever is necessary to get things to market
- Experience with UX/UI design either as a designer on a previous similar role.
- People who can build relationships across the organisation, and bring people together around problems/objectives
- Experience working in an agile, fast moving tech start up/scale up
- The ability to cut through noise/complexity and get to the crux of issues
- Understanding of customer journey and can build journey maps.