Developer Relations Lead
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for small and medium sized businesses, the backbone of our global economy.
We do that by working with fintech companies and financial institutions to help them connect into the systems their small business customers use. With this connectivity, our clients are building next generation products to take the friction out of running a small business, from business management software to alternative lending and corporate cards.
Codat is a Series C-funded company, backed by some of the leading investors and most successful tech companies in the world, including J.P. Morgan, Shopify, Plaid, PayPal Ventures, Amex Ventures, Index Ventures and Tiger Global. We have offices in London, New York, Sydney.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, and bringing a focus and urgency to our work that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
This role Is a new position within Codat and an opportunity to have real Influence on our growth and ability to engage our developer community. The main areas of the role will be:
- Define the metrics and KPIs for measuring the success of Codat’s developer experience
- Promote internal and external understanding of Codat’s developer messaging
- Establish Codat’s developer outreach and content strategy
- Be the voice of the developer for our product and engineering teams, ensuring beautiful developer experiences during the design and delivery of our products.
- Partner with the product and engineering team to prioritize features which ensure that building to Codat is easy
- Connect with our developer stakeholders using a range of channels such as Github, discussion forums, technical demos, and social media
- Support teams like marketing and solutions engineering in the creation of developer-facing content.
- Engage with current and potential users of Codat by attending and presenting at conferences, meetups, and other events.
- Contribute to the creation of demos, tutorials and other developer facing tools
No matter what we’re doing – whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other – we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs – when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action – we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Have a technical background and fluency in Node.js Python or Go preferred
- 3-5 years professional experience in either software engineering (backend), developer relations or related field
- Prior experience at a developer-focused company or working on developer focused products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience and confidence with public speaking
- Product oriented mindset. Always being on the lookout for how we can build our products developer first and developer friendly
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you