What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
With the guidance of the Design Lead, create consistent and scalable design solutions across all platforms including but not limited to:
- Working with the our marketing team to create compelling ads, collateral, presentation decks, illustrations, iconography, emails, and landing pages
- Working with the content team to create blog images, infographics, and social media assets
- Create beautiful, unique visuals that align with our visual brand and company mission
- Work within brand guidelines to create work that fits among existing marketing collateral and evolve guidelines as needed
- Work closely with the Design Lead to create engaging campaigns that push our visual brand further.
- Help maintain brand consistency through design critiques and iterations
- Own design work and manage time appropriately to meet established deadlines at a high standard
- Manage time and workload to meet project task deadlines and commitments with regular interaction and direction from project leaders and team members
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We are passionate about doing the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a big difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs, hold each other to account, and support each other in learning - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards clearly stated goals is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions, we share our ideas, and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Demonstrable experience of visual design experience at a SaaS startup or established business
- Outstanding visual communication skills, creating compelling visual designs with consideration for illustration, typography, colour, iconography, interaction, and data visualisation (motion is a plus)
- Receptive to taking design cues and direction and extrapolate them across mediums
- A passion for clean and impactful designs
- Strong skill set in Adobe CC (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), and Figma
- Excellent communicator and collaborator that can clearly articulate design concepts and decisions, and be comfortable receiving feedback and pushing forward
- High attention to detail and organisational skills
- A diverse portfolio with links to strong examples of brand, system and campaign work
- Experience with animation, video, motion graphics and other dynamic tools is a plus
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you