Director, Strategic Sales (US)
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
- Directly support a team of Strategic and Enterprise Account Executives who thrive while learning and winning together
- Support ongoing team growth and development including recruitment, hiring, training, and mentorship
- As a senior leader, you will be a valuable cross functional contributor to our US and global go to market strategy
- Participate in customer and prospect meetings and help define strong business cases
- Collaborate with Solution Engineering, Customer Success, and other cross-functional teams to drive success and guide investment
- Identify product and technology gaps through customer relationships and present a point of view to Codat’s Product and Leadership Teams
- Run weekly forecast meetings and coach Account Executives on strategies to accomplish their goals
- Report on sales activity and manage a regular revenue forecast
- Achieve key performance metrics and goals
- Work with your team to discuss, plan and implement process improvements
- You will be based in New York Metro Area or the San Francisco Bay Area
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- 10+ years of Sales experience preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organisation
- 5+ years of Sales Management experience preferably selling to the financial sector
- Solid understanding of fintech, APIs, and Enterprise SaaS applications
- Consistent track record of selling software into Large Enterprise accounts and achieving personal and team goals
- Ability to grow business in a strategic manner including demand generation
- Excellent coaching, writing, discovery and presentation skills
- History of thriving in a rapidly changing environment
- Passion for customer success and deep customer relationships
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive
- Bachelor's degree
- The ability to travel whenever required
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you