Events Marketing Manager
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
We're looking for our first Events Marketing Manager in London to build out our field marketing presence in EMEA. The role is responsible for developing and leading Codat's events strategy and execution across EMEA and APAC reporting into our Global lead in NYC.
This role supports the marketing team as an events advisor and strategist, working directly with field marketing and sales. This includes defining the virtual and in-person event management selection/execution/reporting processes and ensuring agreement is achieved across Sales, Marketing and central support functions.
Working as part of a global team, this is a highly challenging and interesting role for an experienced Event Marketer. This role will be pivotal in driving the marketing plans for Codat and will require proven leadership skills, strong organisational ability and an extremely collaborative mindset.
- Research, plan and execute regional demand generation and event campaigns including third party conferences, physical and virtual events, and regional hospitality field events
- Manage logistics and execution of all planned events, including shaping event themes, building landing pages and operational campaigns, working with outside vendors on event logistics, overseeing branded swag fulfilment/inventory levels, managing event sales staffing, and setting and defining lead goals and metrics for each event
- Own reporting and tracking of program pipeline and performance results tied to quarterly and annual targets
- Manage regional budget, SFDC campaign tracking, and other processes to meet operational targets and SLAs
- Maintain direct alignment with sales team in terms of all pre and post event communication, marketing-driven campaigns, and event promotion strategy
- Evaluate all event campaigns’ impact and ROI to determine the success and forecast for potential future investment
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- 3+ years of experience in marketing ideally within a B2B fintech environment
- Proven success in developing and managing field marketing programs and relationships with sales organizations
- Hands-on execution ability to manage multiple priorities with effective project management, time management, prioritization and organizational skills, with extreme attention to detail and ability to anticipate the needs of sales
- Experience with marketing tools like Salesforce, as well as proficiency using other office productivity applications and productivity tools (e.g., Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Slack)
- Self-starter capabilities to take the initiative with an optimistic “can do” attitude and a strong sense of teamwork
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you