What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
Codat is seeking an Executive Assistant for two of our founders, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Technology Officer. You will manage all aspects of their day-to-day administrative and operational needs and help them to progress their top priorities for the company.
- Manage and be the gatekeeper for their calendar – prioritise, delegate and resolve conflicts as they arise.
- Plan and coordinate internal and external meetings with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Manage their inbox and respond on their behalf, prioritise, delegate, identify any actions and follow up.
- Ensure materials are prepared, coordinating any input from others and take meeting notes and track actions.
- Produce and proof-read high-quality correspondence, documents, packs and presentations, when required
- Track, manage and where required, complete deliverables to keep priorities on track. Ensure that input from others is timely and help identify and resolve bottlenecks.
- Plan and coordinate travel bookings, preparing detailed itineraries and ensure all necessary travel documentation is kept up to date.
- Ensure the smooth running of the office - greet visitors, organise meetings, prepare meeting rooms etc
- Additional administrative responsibilities, which may include filing, maintaining records, expenses, timesheets, contact lists and databases, and ordering stationery supplies
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- 1+ years previous experience in an EA role working for a C suite exec.
- Proven organisational skills with experience of working with complex diaries at a senior level.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines with excellent time management and a real instinct for prioritisation.
- Capacity to switch between detailed work and the bigger picture in a way that allows you to anticipate the Founders’ needs.
- You are able to easily interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of an organisation – from junior employees to senior execs at some of the world’s largest organisations and everything in between.
- You value integrity and can handle sensitive information with appropriate care and confidence, even when under pressure.
- You are able to anticipate the needs of others before they arise, working pro-actively and establish strong and trusting relationships.
- Strong team spirit with a positive attitude and influence on others. No job is too big or too small and you operate with a hands on approach.
- You understand that as an EA to a busy exec you may occasionally need to be accessible outside of usual working hours.
- Proficiency in excel would be preferred.
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you