Head of Communications
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
The role of Head of Communications is to ensure that the Codat mission, values and activities are articulated clearly and loudly to anyone who cares, or should care. Specifically, that may include projects like:
- Helping to shape and define Codat’s narrative
- Converting the complexity of Codat’s product into stories that make it clear what Codat does
- Push Codat’s point of view on industry and regulatory topics to a wide audience
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists and key industry voices
- Advance Codat’s narrative and values extremely clearly internally
No matter what we are doing, whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other, we try at all times to live by our values:
We believe in delivering technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always sexy but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We have each other’s back - when things go wrong, there isn't blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with an even better outcome - not letting our egos win.
We believe that constant drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the primary method of building great things. We are biased towards action - our decisions are informed and then we act. There is no such thing as a hard problem - it is how we outperform others.
What excites us
- Amazing written and verbal communication
- An extremely adaptable mindset
- Detailed understanding of a breadth of financial services issues
- A rigorous and inquisitive analytical mind
- Substantial experience of PR/content/communications in fintech
- SaaS and/or startup experience is a nice to have