Head of Global Product Marketing
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
Codat is looking for a Head of Global Product Marketing to manage, build out and scale our Product Marketing team. Our Product Marketing team’s mission is to generate customer insights that inform our product strategy, lead the go-to-market strategy and launches for the growing suite of Codat products and solutions, and drive product adoption in partnership with customer-facing and product teams around the globe. We are open for this role to either be based in London or New York.
You will have experience launching and scaling widely adopted technical products in new markets. We’re looking for a builder to serve as the bridge between our products and the people who use them. You’ll be responsible for product positioning, go-to-market strategy, and customer feedback. Your goal is to build a strong cadence of clear communication with our core constituents and keep them informed and excited about our products.
- Understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for Codat’s products to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, comms, and engineering—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products
- Help enable our customer facing teams across Sales and Solutions engineering
- Work with the Finance and Product teams to set pricing that aligns with the product value proposition and our users’ success
- Partner with the Product and Demand / Growth Marketing teams to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis
- Manage and develop our brilliant Product Marketing Mangers to help craft product specific messaging
- Hire a team of world class product marketers
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- 8+ years of Product Marketing experience at a B2B fintech / API / technology company
- Proven experience defining and delivering winning product value propositions in hyper growth markets
- 1+ years of experience mentoring, leading or coaching members in your team
- Proven PMM experience with the ability to partner with and influence product development teams
- A passion for being customer-centric and serving as the voice of the customer
- Organised and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Experience marketing products in new categories (understanding that we need to condition the market, not just marketing our product and brand)
- Strong leadership skills, ability to perform under pressure and optimise the team’s resources to attain business goals
- Personal drive to work with teams and partnering skills for collaboration with peer groups
- Personal ownership for all work produced by teams under guidance/management
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you