Head of Growth Marketing
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for small and medium sized businesses, the backbone of our global economy.
We do that by working with fintech companies and financial institutions to help them connect into the systems their small business customers use. With this connectivity, our clients are building next generation products to take the friction out of running a small business, from business management software to alternative lending and corporate cards.
Codat is a Series C-funded company, backed by some of the leading investors and most successful tech companies in the world, including J.P. Morgan, Shopify, Plaid, PayPal Ventures, Amex Ventures, Index Ventures and Tiger Global. We have offices in London, New York and Sydney.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, and bringing a focus and urgency to our work that makes us unstoppable.
About the Role
Codat has two key target audiences; a) established mid market/enterprise businesses b) the businesses of the future, fintech start-ups.
We are looking for a marketing expert to unlock the potential for Codat within the start-up segment. This is a key hire within Codat’s marketing leadership team with responsibility for driving growth in our self-service product
The ideal candidate has experience in a product-led growth organisation and thrives in a role which involves working cross-functionally and is both strategic and hands-on.
- Use data and research to understand who our key prospects are within the startup segment, their pains, buying tendencies and personas
- Share insights with sales, developer relations, product & design to help us build a seamless self-serve journey from free trial to high value paying customer
- Build a powerful marketing funnel to drive new user acquisition including:
- Identifying the most high impact channels to reach our target audience(s)
- Working with our performance specialist to deliver a cost effective paid marketing programme to drive inbound leads
- Drive the development of persona specific content, with a focus on developers
- Build an effective email marketing strategy
- Run events, webinars etc with support from our field marketing team to held build brand awareness
- Work with our digital expert to drive visibility of Codat through SEO
- Regularly evaluate success of campaigns to improve effectiveness
- Support in the acceleration of conversions from free trial prospects into paying customers including:
- Working with product to identify design and product improvements that drive conversions
- Building an effective email nurture and retargeting programme
- Ensure tracking is in place and proactively report on progress against key KPIs (free trial sign ups & conversion to paying customer)
No matter what we’re doing – whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other – we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs – when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action – we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What Excites Us
- Self-starter, forward-thinking, innovative, and agile. Comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility, and driving continuous improvement
- Experience in B2B growth marketing to start-ups and ideally to the developer persona
- Ambitious, results-driven with a bias to action. You have a can-do-more approach, a passion to make an impact and exceed your goals
- Great people management skills, ability to build processes and influence cross-functionally
- Experience working closely with product teams
- Highly analytical and very comfortable working with data.
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you.