What we do at Codat
Codat is a fast-growing technology company located in Clerkenwell, Central London. We are a universal API for small business financial data.
We build developer-friendly infrastructure that gives businesses the ability to create their own next-generation products. We have a rapidly growing number of enterprise and fintech clients. Our recent $10m Series A with Index Ventures will help us to drive expansion in North America. We have also received £7.5m in grant funding from RBS Capability and Innovation Fund to help drive innovation and increase competition in the UK small business banking sector.
What you will be doing
- Giving practical legal advice to key stakeholders and act as the first point of contact for all legal matters
- Drafting, review and negotiate a variety of client, partner and supplier contracts such as supply, procurement, distribution agreements
- Providing legal advice on employment issues
- Provideing legal advice on internationalisation issues
- Managing external counsel
- Taking on significant responsibility from day one
- Continually improve processes and aim for automation to ensure the legal function is efficient
- Building a legal function from the ground up in a fast-growing company
No matter what we're doing- whether we're speaking to customers, partners or to each other- we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What Excites Us
- Several years post-qualification experience, either in-house or in practice, as a commercial lawyer
- Experience in data protection law
- At least some working knowledge across a broad array of legal areas that you will encounter in this role, including tax, employment, compensation, intellectual property, commercial and corporate law
- Extreme rigour
- Commercial awareness
- Great communication skills
- A desire to contribute to the success of a fast-growing business, not just do another job.