What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
We are looking for a dynamic and commercially minded lawyer to be the second legal hire for Codat globally. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing fintech scale-up and be integral in shaping the vision and growth of an early stage legal team.
- Negotiating and agreeing client and supplier contracts (MSAs, partnership agreements, introducer agreements, NDAs etc);
- Building out legal processes, playbooks and toolkits, to assist the business in becoming legally self-sufficient;
- Scoping and identifying new technologies to increase legal team automation, and ownership of current contract lifecycle management systems;
- Assist in corporate matters such as funding rounds, strategic investments and international expansion;
- Ad hoc queries from global internal stakeholders and project work.
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- You come from a similar role with a focus on commercial contracts, with at least 2 years PQE. Even better if you have in-house experience!
- You are qualified as a lawyer in England and Wales or Scotland
- You are comfortable working on a wide range of issues autonomously
- You are organised, flexible and pragmatic, and can handle the competing pressures of working in a fast-paced, scale-up environment
- You have a desire to contribute to the success of a fast-growing business, not just do another job
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you