Manager, Business Development Representatives (US)
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
- Hire, train and manage a team of Business Development Representatives (BDRs) whose role consists of prospecting, pipeline building, and opportunity qualification
- Develop BDRs into sales-ready candidates for future Account Executive positions
- Create metrics for monthly qualified lead objectives
- Drive individuals and teams to exceed objectives through coaching, regular amplification of results, and creative incentives
- Regularly report on team/individual results - quantity & quality of leads and revenue to Sales Leadership
- Establish and nurture relationships with key stakeholders
- Partner closely with Marketing to define campaigns, follow-up, and reporting
- Monitor and ensure lead quantity, quality, timely follow-up, and messaging
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity
- You will be based in New York Metro Area
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- 5+ years experience in software sales
- Successfully built, coached, and lead teams to achieve performance goals
- Consistent proven track record of over achievement of quota expectations
- Outstanding communication, organisational, and time management skills
- Experience working in a high-growth environment
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands
- Bachelor's degree
- The ability to travel whenever required
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you