Partnerships Manager - Services
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for small and medium sized businesses, the backbone of our global economy.
We do that by working with fintech companies and financial institutions to help them connect into the systems their small business customers use. With this connectivity, our clients are building next generation products to take the friction out of running a small business, from business management software to alternative lending and corporate cards.
Codat is a Series C-funded company, backed by some of the leading investors and most successful tech companies in the world, including J.P. Morgan, Shopify, Plaid, PayPal Ventures, Amex Ventures, Index Ventures and Tiger Global. We have offices in London, New York and Sydney.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, and bringing a focus and urgency to our work that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
Codat’s partnerships team has rapidly grown over the past 12 months, and has seen a similar growth in partners signed up, with 50+ technical & non-technical partnerships signed. As this number grows, it is key to ensure that Codat not only effectively sources and onboards new partners, but nurtures them to drive revenue and usage.
You will be tasked with sourcing and managing Design & Delivery Partners – Codat’s professional services partners, key to ensuring our clients are able to successfully implement, build, and grow with Codat’s infrastructure. Inbound interest from such organisations to work with Codat’s APIs – either via Codat clients and prospects, or to proactively develop a Codat skillset – is high, so the key focus on the job will be to identify the most worthwhile partnerships to focus on, and ensure these are (a) meaningfully contributing to accelerating and growing existing sales cycles, and (b) driving net-new business (i.e. referrals) from the partners themselves.
The role will see you working across new and existing partner accounts, and in close cooperation with your counterparts in the technology partnerships team, the solutions team, the marketing team, and of course the sales team. We are also presently growing a Partner Enablement Function, that will serve as a critical source of sales and training resources, as well as programmatic development & learning, to enable you to scale the number of partners we are able to onboard and equip.
In order to achieve this ambition, your role will be:
- Based in London
- Becoming a Codat expert, to ensure partners are educated and enabled to explain the benefits of Codat on our behalf, to appropriate audiences – including helping champions to write detailed business cases to help build Codat consensus across their organisations
- Operationally proficient: you will be expected to understand the organisational challenges and considerations faced by our partners, to ensure they can be best navigated
- Engaging with existing new and existing partners to establish how to best align incentives, and drive to mutual success – whilst ensuring the client’s needs remain focal
- Working very closely with Codat’s sales organisation, to ensure the partnerships team is aligned to the market’s needs – and is able to drive behaviours where relevant
- Working closely with Codat Solutions, Product, & Engineering to ensure timely alignment of partner-lead product innovation efforts with the relevant partner
- Working with – and informing improved usage of – a rapidly expanding stack of partner and partner enablement tooling, covering Salesforce, Allbound, Reveal, Crossbeam, and more
- Owning & reporting on partnerships engagement & acquisition strategy, including regular forecasting
- Proactive and autonomous above all else, with a high degree of bias to action
No matter what we’re doing – whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other – we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united and we have each other’s backs – when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. Transparency in our interactions is critical to drive towards our goals as a team. We openly share all information with all colleagues by default, unless we have a very good reason not to. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action – we make informed decisions and then we act. We inspect and question the status quo with curiosity, unafraid to ask the hard questions. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- 3+ years of commercially driven partnership acquisition and management, and evidence of high performance
- Experience in enterprise Tech/SaaS – working at, selling to, or partnering with
- Experience working with/for Professional Services organisations, e.g. design/development agency, systems integrator, consultancy
- Experience working for a start-up or scale-up
- Experience in financial services or selling to financial service providers
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, and negotiating skills
- Strong executive and commercial presence
- Good understanding of Codat and our clients’ products & needs
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you.