Partnerships Manager (US)
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
Codat’s partner ecosystem is growing rapidly, covering technical & non-technical partnerships, engaging in either introducer/referral engagements, or enterprise distribution licenses.
Your role will be to initially map, and then engage with, the North American professional service – AKA “Design & Delivery” – partner landscape. Target partners will span the professional services engagement lifecycle, from Innovation & Strategy consultancies, right through to the region’s largest Development and System Integration Houses. Relationships with these organisations is key to arming the Codat sales organisation with trusted advisors to introduce, as well as ensuring that Codat is proactively considered and brought into relevant client-side projects.
In order to achieve this ambition, your role will involve:
- Mapping the strategic “Design & Delivery” partner market in the US, to establish where efforts to engage and acquire are best deployed to execute on – and evolve – Codat’s use-case strategy.
- Engaging with existing relevant partners to establish how to further strengthen and structure these relationships
- Leading acquisition of net-new partner prospects to continue to expand awareness of Codat, as well as driving & accelerating new and existing sales engagements alongside those partners
- Becoming a Codat expert, to ensure partners are educated and enabled to explain the benefits of Codat on our behalf, to appropriate audiences – including helping champions to write detailed business cases to help build Codat consensus across their organisations
- Working closely with Codat Product & Engineering to ensure timely alignment of partner-lead product innovation efforts with the relevant partner
- Collaborating across all Codat teams – spanning operational, technical, and commercial – to drive success
- Owning & reporting on partnerships engagement & acquisition strategy, including regular forecasting
- Being based in New York (strong preference)
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- 5+ years of commercially driven partnership experience and evidence of high performance
- Experience in enterprise Tech/SaaS – working at, selling to, or partnering with
- Experience at a global ProServ organisation, e.g. consultancy or SI
- Experience working for a start-up or scale-up
- Experience in financial services or selling to financial service providers
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, and negotiating skills
- Strong executive and commercial presence
- Good understanding of Codat and our clients’ products
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you.Apply