People Manager (US)
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
As our first US People Manager you’ll be responsible for ensuring an exceptional employee experience for our growing stateside team by overseeing the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding to operational processes and strategic projects.
You'll be responsible for ensuring that our team members receive the same level of support and service, regardless of location, by providing guidance and advice on all employee related matters. With the full support of a UK based People team, you’ll be using your experience and expert knowledge to develop our established practices, build trust and advocate for our culture, so that every team member can thrive at Codat.
Codat operates an 'In-Person Optional' policy where possible, however we would expect this role to be in our New York office at least 2-3 days per week in order to oversee the office, support the onboarding process for new joiners and continue to build upon our culture.
- Manage the entire employee lifecycle for our US team, with a focus on driving culture, engagement and employee experience as we scale.
- Act as a point of contact for our PEO and assist with the day-to-day administration of People-related information.
- Look after the welfare of our team, providing support, coaching and advice to team members and managers on all employee related matters.
- Act as a trusted advisor and expert to ensure we’re compliant with relevant employment laws and guiding our processes to fit with US best practice.
- Oversee the New York office ensuring it is welcoming and inclusive for all Codat employees.
No matter what we are doing, whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other, we try at all times to live by our values:
We believe in delivering technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always sexy but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We have each other’s back - when things go wrong, there isn't blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with an even better outcome - not letting our egos win.
We believe that constant drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the primary method of building great things. We are biased towards action - our decisions are informed and then we act. There is no such thing as a hard problem - it is how we outperform others.
What excites us
- Proven generalist HR experience.
- Can evidence having worked in a multi-faceted role that works across the breadth of the employee lifecycle and requires hands-on involvement in day-to-day practices.
- Experience in a small but rapidly scaling business.
- Experience of managing a distributed workforce.
- Practical ability to identify potential obstacles and opportunities.
- Organised, methodical approach to a varied and competing priorities.
- Professional and compassionate manner with the ability to build strong relationships.