What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for small and medium sized businesses, the backbone of our global economy.
We do that by working with fintech companies and financial institutions to help them connect into the systems their small business customers use. With this connectivity, our clients are building next generation products to take the friction out of running a small business, from business management software to alternative lending and corporate cards.
Codat is a Series C-funded company, backed by some of the leading investors and most successful tech companies in the world, including J.P. Morgan, Shopify, Plaid, PayPal Ventures, Amex Ventures, Index Ventures and Tiger Global. We have offices in London, New York and Sydney.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, and bringing a focus and urgency to our work that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
In this role you will be responsible for developing and implementing People plans to a specific business area(s), in line with our ambitious growth plans through the implementation of People projects, best practice, policy, and employment legislation. This Is a senior role In the People Generalist Team.
This is a new position, created in line with our ongoing success and growth, to support our expanding organisation. Reporting directly to the People Lead, you will deliver a mix of strategic and operational outputs, working with the wider People team to provide a service that leaders at Codat value.
- Working with leaders to make sure employees have the skills and resources they need to achieve Codat’s ambitions
- Building trusted relationships with stakeholders and leaders across Codat
- Discussing business strategies, People challenges and People plans that support the business with leaders and key stakeholders
- Assisting in developing and promoting diversity and inclusion strategies within your business areas and across the group, acting as an agent for change
- Operating as a partner with leaders, to drive change and implement strategic People goals, coaching managers on ways to motivate our people and lead more effectively
- Working with the wider People team to support leaders in implementing their People plans for talent acquisition, learning & development, transformation and succession
- Initiate, lead and/or implement People initiatives that will enable our people to reach their potential
- Using experience, skills and knowledge of the People industry to make an impact in key areas such as change management, organisational design, employee engagement and talent analytics
- Analysing people metrics and providing data insights with key performance indicators that inform decision-making
- Protecting company and employees in all aspects of employment law (data protection, redundancy, TUPE, discipline and grievance, working time regulations, discrimination and terms and conditions etc)
- Being present In the London office regularly to effectively support leaders but balanced with some home working to allow focused and high-quality outputs (hybrid working)
No matter what we’re doing – whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other – we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs – when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action – we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Extensive demonstrable experience in the People function where you have worked in a partnership role
- A professional qualification from an accredited chartered institute such as the CIPD (ideally Level 5+)
- Able to make great decisions quickly; influencing senior stakeholder groups, and being comfortable with ambiguity
- Can demonstrate a commercial understanding and awareness of cost management and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Good understanding of learning & development, reward, compensation & benefits
- Excellent communication skills to effectively present to different levels of organization
- Experienced in coaching as you will be seen as a mentor within Codat. You must be comfortable in offering advice to both your peers and junior colleagues
- A zest for learning and keeping up to date with people trends and changes in policy that are affecting people at work
- A comprehensive understanding of UK Employment law
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you.