Principal Solutions Architect
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
You will be working with our most strategic and complex clients and technology partners, to help define how Codat will fit into their overall architecture, consulting on architecture design and development best practices. This will be in close collaboration with Codat's solutions engineers and implementation specialists.
You will also work closely with our partnerships enablement team, to help our design and delivery (i.e. professional services) partners get up to speed with the Codat stack and rapidly scale their ability to support mutual clients maximise the value they get from Codat's APIs
This is a new role to Codat, and as such we’re looking for candidates with the desire and vision to define and adapt the scope and responsibilities of the role.
- An understanding and interest in enterprise architecture and the complexities of innovation in established organisations
- Experience and understanding of the technical, organizational and cultural challenges deploying SaaS solutions into enterprise environments
- Lead detailed technical assessments of current state of clients platform and architect a path to transformation
- Act as a subject matter expertise in Codat’s technology, regularly liaising with our engineering teams to keep up to date
- Liaise and consult with all levels of technology stakeholders, from c-suite to developers
- Define the strategy and advise our solution engineers, implementation specialists and partners on architectural design and engineering best practices
- Experience with and understanding of enterprise security, including user identity management and authentication systems and standards (e.g. SAML), certifications and common regulatory challenges
- Help define the frameworks, platforms or tech-stacks our clients may use to deploy their solution
- Proactively overcome technical objections and gather client feedback and feature requests
- Stay educated on new and emerging technologies, methodologies and industry standards relevant to our clients
No matter what we are doing, whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other, we try at all times to live by our values:
We believe in delivering technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always sexy but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We have each other’s back - when things go wrong, there isn't blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with an even better outcome - not letting our egos win.
We believe that constant drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the primary method of building great things. We are biased towards action - our decisions are informed and then we act. There is no such thing as a hard problem - it is how we outperform others.
What excites us
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in API and SaaS businesses
- Experience with enterprise clients and large scale transformation projects
- A detailed understanding of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Self-motivated to work with and learn about new technologies and business sectors
- Excellent time management and organization skills to manage multiple clients
- Significant relevant experience across senior engineering, customer facing consulting and architecture
- Strong sense of autonomy, with experience of defining a new function/role
- Technical experience in Accounting, Finance, Payment or Commerce sectors is beneficial
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you