Product Director - Integrations
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for small and medium sized businesses, the backbone of our global economy.
We do that by working with fintech companies and financial institutions to help them connect into the systems their small business customers use. With this connectivity, our clients are building next generation products to take the friction out of running a small business, from business management software to alternative lending and corporate cards.
Codat is a Series C-funded company, backed by some of the leading investors and most successful tech companies in the world, including J.P. Morgan, Shopify, Plaid, PayPal Ventures, Amex Ventures, Index Ventures and Tiger Global. We have offices in London, New York, Sydney.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, and bringing a focus and urgency to our work that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
The mission of our Integrations Group is to aggregate & organise contributed business data, making it accessible and useful: ultimately, making it easy for our clients to build products that make SMEs lives easier. We standardise data in the accounting, banking & commerce domains and make it easy to access through a single API.
As a Product Director in the Integrations Group you lead development of our product for one or more of our domains (e.g. Accounting, Commerce). You will lead and grow a team comprised of Product Owners and Business Analysts (currently 8 people, growing to 20+ over next 12 months), working closely with your engineering counterparts on execution.
You will be accountable for:
- Focus on usage & growth: Using data and working with stakeholder/clients to identify ways to improve useability and usefulness of our product in key verticals
- Launch of new integrations: grow the number of integrations in your domain, working with business analysis, engineering to ensure we deliver high quality integrations at speed.
- Improving integrations coverage: expand our existing integration depth and coverage within your domain, working with client success teams to ensure effective prioritisation.
- Improving experience: abstract away complexity from the experience of setting up and using our integrations.
- Expertise in your domain: display a well-rounded understanding of the landscape & be the “go to” person for queries from across the company.
- Advocating for users: ensure what we build contributes to solving user problems by providing clear context for all relevant use cases.
No matter what we’re doing – whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other – we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united and we have each other’s backs – when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. Transparency in our interactions is critical to drive towards our goals as a team. We openly share all information with all colleagues by default, unless we have a very good reason not to. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action – we make informed decisions and then we act. We inspect and question the status quo with curiosity, unafraid to ask the hard questions. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Significant track record of excellence in Product management
- Deep understanding (or demonstrable ability and willingness to develop understanding) of one or more of Codat’s domains (Accounting, Commerce, Banking)
- Experience working with APIs.
- Driven by curiosity, not by certainties.
- Keen focus on both developer experience & business goals.
- Emphasis on execution, incl. excellent organisation & prioritisation skills.
- Technical understanding and empathy – ability to collaborate effectively with technical counterparts
- Strong leadership skills – leading/growing high performing teams
- Clear, effective & respectful communication.
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you