Sales Strategy & Operations (US)
What we do at Codat
Codat is a fast-growing technology company based in London which is growing rapidly in the US and Canada. Our product is a universal API for small business financial data.
Banks and fintechs use our technology to easily connect to the software systems used by their small business customers, allowing them to read and write data via a single API. Codat’s technology has many applications across financial services and business services, but lending is our most established sector. Given the current economic climate, lenders need for real time data on their business customers has never been greater.
We are well-funded with a large and growing number of enterprise and fintech clients. We most recently received a $10M investment from Index Ventures, a leading global venture capital firm. We have also been awarded $10M in grant funding from the RBS Capability and Innovation Fund to help power our growth.
What you will be doing
We are looking for a Sales Strategy and Operations lead to define and execute strategic initiatives that enhance sales productivity by enabling our teams to be more effective in targeting and closing our most valuable customers at scale. You will be the first hire into Sales Strategy & Operations and will work cross-functionally between our sales, marketing, customer success, strategy and operations teams to help scale Codat in our next phase of growth.
You will partner with our CEO and Sales VPs to drive the overall productivity and effectiveness of our sales team globally. Responsibilities include sales process analysis and optimization, go-to-market analysis, pipeline and forecast reporting, resource planning, quota setting and management, sales technology implementation, sales compensation design and administration.
We are looking for a self-starter who has demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity, operating in a high-growth environment, and solving problems with limited oversight. The ideal candidate will have experience:
- Scaling a technology sales organisation
- Contributing to the growth and development of a sales strategy and operations team
- Superior communication skills to work with the most senior stakeholders.
- Partner with sales leaders to design go-to-market strategy, allocate resources, assign performance targets and more
- Develop an effective plan to achieve sales targets at all levels of the sales organisation
- Track key metrics such forecasts, pipeline, ACV, contract and product based analytics, key account and product performance
- Uncover additional potential to sell opportunities : white space analysis, sales coverage by region, segment, territory strategy, etc.
- Develop and execute initiatives designed to optimize sales team efficiency and productivity
- Create and manage operational processes such as target setting, forecasting, and budgeting
- Construct and automate dashboards for key performance metrics. Build sales tools and perform ad hoc analysis across multiple data sets
- Proactively identify and redefine processes and systems that improve and scale our business
- Own, manage and improve our tech stack (Salesforce based)
- You will be based in New York Metro Area
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- 4+ years of experience in sales strategy and operations at a scaling or enterprise tech business
- Experience developing GTM strategies, sales forecasts, quotas and territory plans
- Strong understanding of B2B SaaS sales process
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment
- Excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations from complex datasets
- Experience creating optimised and automated processes in a Salesforce-based tech stack
- Strong and assertive communication skills to report and influence at all levels of the organisation