Senior Product Manager
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
Product at Codat
We are a product-led organisation, having a clear and well thought through product strategy is critical to our business. Our Product Managers are the driving force behind this strategy, and are empowered to bring it to life with their respective teams.
What you will be doing
The mission of our Integrations Group is to aggregate & organise contributed business data, making it accessible and useful. We standardise data from accounting, banking & commerce providers and make it easy to access through a single API.
As a Senior Product Manager for the Commerce or Accounting API you will be responsible for the growth of our commerce or accounting integrations. As part of this you will:
- Focus on usage & growth: display strong, data-driven decision making and problem solving skills.
- Launch new integrations: grow the number of integrations in your segment, working with business analysis, delivery & engineering to ensure we deliver high quality integrations at speed.
- Improve integrations coverage: expand our data type & field coverage within existing integrations, working with client success teams to ensure effective prioritisation.
- Improve integrations experience: abstract away complexity from the experience of setting up and using our integrations.
- Become an expert in your domain: display a well-rounded understanding of the landscape & be the “go to” person for queries from across the company.
- Advocate for users: ensure what we build contributes to solving user problems by providing clear context for all relevant use cases.
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Demonstrable track record of excellence in product management.
- Relevant experience working with APIs.
- Driven by curiosity, not by certainties.
- Keen focus on both developer experience & business goals.
- Emphasis on execution, incl. excellent organisation & prioritisation skills.
- Clear, effective & respectful communication.
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you