Senior Solutions Engineer
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for small and medium sized businesses, the backbone of our global economy.
We do that by working with fintech companies and financial institutions to help them connect into the systems their small business customers use. With this connectivity, our clients are building next generation products to take the friction out of running a small business, from business management software to alternative lending and corporate cards.
Codat is a Series C-funded company, backed by some of the leading investors and most successful tech companies in the world, including J.P. Morgan, Shopify, Plaid, PayPal Ventures, Amex Ventures, Index Ventures and Tiger Global. We have offices in London, New York and Sydney.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, and bringing a focus and urgency to our work that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
As a Senior Solutions Engineer you will partner with our commercial team to demonstrate the value of Codat to prospective clients and develop a complete understanding of their business needs and challenges.
You’ll be responsible for building proposals to best solve clients requirements, proactively overcoming technical objections and gathering client feedback and feature requests. Acting as the technical champion and uncovering additional opportunities with our product, while influencing and providing input on our product design and roadmap.
Provide technical guidance and best practices to help clients evaluate Codat as a solution and accelerate their journey to integrate with our platform.
- Work closely with clients to understand their business requirements through discovery to help design and consult on solutions to ensure they get the most value from our platform
- Create and present the vision of the possible for our clients for large scale change, including a deep understanding of ROI
- Become a recognised expert in our product offering and integration, developing sector expertise to ensure we are always promoting the best solutions
- Use your previous technical experience to answer technical questions, test out proposed solutions via our API and help clients troubleshoot integrations alongside our Support team
- Confidently presenting and leading customized demos
- Providing user training and workshops to both business and technical stakeholders
- Own the creation of technical documentation including solution proposals and guides to ensure our clients have clarity on how to use and implement Codat
- Working closely to identify opportunities and close deals from a technical requirements perspective with our commercial team
- Develop relationships with technology stakeholders to understand their processes and goals.
- Capture client feedback, feature enhancements and priorities – partnering with our Product and Engineering teams to consult, track and manage delivery and client communication
No matter what we’re doing – whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other – we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united and we have each other’s backs – when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. Transparency in our interactions is critical to drive towards our goals as a team. We openly share all information with all colleagues by default, unless we have a very good reason not to. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action – we make informed decisions and then we act. We inspect and question the status quo with curiosity, unafraid to ask the hard questions. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills, with a focus on translating business requirements into technology solutions
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills combined with the desire to tackle challenges head-on
- Experience capturing and developing client requirements and creating supporting documentation and process flows
- Self-motivated to work with and learn about new technologies and business sectors
- Excellent self-management, including time management and organization skills, to manage multiple clients and prioritizes
- Significant relevant experience across sales engineering, solutions engineering or customer facing consulting on technical transformation
- Solid understanding of Cloud-based technologies, APIs (REST) and SaaS fundamentals is beneficial
- Familiarity with fintechs, SaaS, APIs, technical concepts or experience in Codat’s key markets of lending, payments or commerce is beneficial
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you.