Solutions Lead (Pre-sales)
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
As Solutions lead you will be responsible for directing, coaching and scaling a team of Solutions Engineers.
Our Solutions team partners with our commercial team to demonstrate the value of Codat to prospective clients and develop a complete understanding of their business needs and challenges. Alongside team management responsibilities you will draw upon your client facing skills and technical knowledge to help clients successfully adopt Codat’s products.
You’ll be responsible for building proposals to best solve clients requirements, proactively overcoming technical objections and gathering client feedback and feature requests. Acting as the technical champion and uncovering additional opportunity with our product, while influencing and providing input on our product design and roadmap.
Provide technical guidance and best practices to help clients evaluate Codat as a solution and accelerate their journey to integrate with our platform.
- Develop and support a team of highly motivated solutions engineers, including continuous coaching, training and recruitment to ensure overall team success
- Work closely with clients to understand their business requirements through discovery to help design and consult on solutions to ensure they get the most value from our platform
- Become a recognised expert in our product offering and integration, developing sector expertise to ensure we are always promoting the best solutions
- Use your previous technical experience to answer technical questions, test out proposed solutions via our API and help clients troubleshoot integrations alongside our Support team
- Confidently presenting and leading customised demos
- Providing user training and workshops to both business and technical stakeholders
- Own the creation of technical documentation including solution proposals and guides to ensure our clients have clarity on how to use and implement Codat
- Working closely to identify opportunities and close deals from a technical requirements perspective with our commercial team
- Develop relationships with technology stakeholders to understand their processes and goals.
- Capture client feedback, feature enhancements and priorities – partnering with our Product and Engineering teams to consult, track and manage delivery and client communication
No matter what we are doing, whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other, we try at all times to live by our values:
We believe in delivering technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always sexy but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We have each other’s back - when things go wrong, there isn't blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with an even better outcome - not letting our egos win.
We believe that constant drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the primary method of building great things. We are biased towards action - our decisions are informed and then we act. There is no such thing as a hard problem - it is how we outperform others.
What excites us
- Leadership experience, hiring and growing autonomous high performing teams in the solutions or sales engineer space
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills, with a focus on translating business requirements into technology solutions
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills combined with the desire to tackle challenges head-on
- Experience capturing and developing client requirements and creating supporting documentation and process flows
- Self-motivated to work with and learn about new technologies and business sectors
- Excellent self-management, including time management and organization skills, to manage multiple clients and prioritises
- Significant relevant experience across sales engineering, solutions engineering or customer facing consulting on technical transformation
- Solid understanding of Cloud-based technologies, APIs (REST) and SaaS fundamentals is beneficial
- Experience in our key markets: Accounting, Lending, Insurance, Payments or Commerce is beneficial
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you