What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
This job is a wide-ranging one, with the remit to analyse Codat’s operations and strategy. That may include projects like:
- Scoping new market entry
- Building a new strategic partnership with another software vendor
- Constructing the model for investment cases
- Lead operational planning of the business’s objectives and plans
- Assisting with fundraising and inorganic growth
- Helping implementation of strategic priorities
- Triage strategic ideas from around the business
- Work with various teams within the business to analyse the strategic value, opportunities and risks of those ideas
- Propose actions for the business to take off the back of those ideas
- Help the business to execute those actions
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- A rigorously analytical mind
- Several years of investment banking or top-tier management consulting experience
- Some experience of operational work
- SaaS and/or startup experience is a nice to have
- Adventurous, inquisitive and proactive people
- Keenness to get your hands dirty when required
£65,000 - £75,000 / year
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you