Talent Acquisition Manager - Tech
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
As Codat continues Its rapid scaling the People team are handling 30-40 + roles at any given time and with this there Is a huge emphasis on growing our tech and engineering capabilities. You will be joining the existing team and help managing the end to- end process of hiring, helping to maintain and improve the candidate journey and experience.
In our Engineering team we are going through a hugely exciting period of growth and scale, building our first Data Science team. which this role will have a focus on hiring for.
- Managing internal stakeholders and the process of creating new hires – ensuring new hire purpose forms are completed, job descriptions are written, hiring processes and comp packages are finalised –before going to market.
- Holding telephone screening and introductory calls with candidates, conducting intro and welcome sessions with candidates before interviews and debrief/wrap ups at the end of interviews.
- Briefing recruitment partners on new roles and update them on any changes, providing them with branded job descriptions that you will create yourself and any further detail that they may need.
- Organising recruitment processes for handling direct applicants, referrals, and candidates from recruitment partners.
- Ensuring the candidate experience is the best it can be by providing timely and detailed feedback and swift decision making, no matter the source.
- Managing our ATS, ensuring we have a clean and accurate system.
- Help with marketing our roles and team, helping to engage a wide range of candidates and provide information than can help boost knowledge and excitement of Codat.
- Help build and maintain D&I plans for hiring, ensuring we are hiring a team diverse in thought and background.
- Ensuring we stay GDPR compliant.
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- You might have experience recruiting for roles within Software Engineering and tech space with a specific focus on C# Engineers and/or Data Science roles
- You have been in a role which covered a wide variety of different roles all at once but were still able to learn intricate specifics about each one.
- You have demonstrable experience of working in high pressure environments.
- You have experience creating and managing excellent candidate journeys.
- You easily build rapport and working relationships.
- You are systematic and organised to a fault. You have probably previously worked in roles with multiple responsibilities or juggling different things at once.
- You have experience working within an Internal talent team
- You have experience building up direct to source recruitment channels
- You are professional, polite and able to communicate complex ideas clearly.
- You are tech literate, quick to learn systems and excited/curious to learn more.
- You are motivated to improve continuously - rather than taking things as read, you’re always working out how we can improve them.
- You recognise that you will be the face of Codat and what that responsibility entails.
- You can proactively manage expectations but also be strong enough to push back when needed whether that be internally or externally.
- You are empathetic and can embrace feedback and act on it, quickly - you care deeply about creating a fantastic experience for candidates, hiring managers and the whole team at Codat alike.