Talent Director USA
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
The Talent team has scaled with the rest of the business during the early part of 2022. We are now a team of 8 scaling to 15+ in 2022. With 3 of our team based in New York, we are now looking for someone to lead the overall US Talent function. You will ensure that we continue to hire high quality talent at speed, that the existing team have frameworks to help them to continuously deliver, succeed and grow their skills. You will drive strategic vision and direction, maximising our potential to attract the highest calibre of candidate, advise and direct on compensation across the US as well as acting as a core focal point for senior stakeholders.
- Lead a growing team of Talent experts
- Provide a point of expertise for Senior Leadership In the US to work directly with on strategy and delivery
- Help build, develop and manage processes that can allow us to hire quality talent at pace
- Action plans that enable the team to attract talent from diverse backgrounds, work with hiring managers to build inclusive and fair Interview processes and panels
- Be a key unblocker in the hiring process, use data and team feedback to understand where hiring processes are failing and resolve these issues promptly and efficiently
- Assist the team in managing the smooth day to day running of the talent function. Be a champion for the team and help resolve issues that allow them to continuously deliver on hiring needs
- Help mentor, develop and grow the skills of the existing team. Helping manage career paths and ensure progression plans are devised
- Work individually and with the other Talent Leads on actions that can improve the overall effectiveness of the talent function. Whether that’s helping to raise brand awareness, new hiring processes and tools, or new D&I initiatives
- Use data to understand the team's successes and how we can make micro improvements that contribute to overall successes
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- You have led Talent teams in start-up or scale up businesses
- You have been involved in the significant growth of a business previously
- You are passionate about developing strategic vision and delivering on it as a team effort
- You are obsessed with team success, you recognise that their success is your success
- Passion for talent and the value a talent function can bring to a fast-growth business
- Empathetic but firm leadership. You want to help develop individuals and make their lives easier but also recognise how to keep teams working to the best of their ability
- You always strive for excellence, whether that’s day to day in your work or ensuring we only hire great talent
- You value collaborative working and want to build great relationships with hiring managers and senior stakeholders to ensure we can create a brilliant talent function
- You want to build plans which enable a Talent function to be successful in multiple ways not just sourcing
- Data is something you care about and understand the key metrics that help understand the talent teams performance outside of pure hiring numbers
$185,000 – $200,000
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you