Technical Business Analyst
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
The role of a Codat Technical Business Analyst is to lead the analysis of projects that have been through product discovery. Our process takes the following steps before development:
- Product level discovery - your teammates will be product managers who are each specialised in a client segment (e.g. banks or lenders). They’re responsible for solving client problems.
- Business analysis level - once your fellow teammates have done enough market research and garnered feedback on product features we want to build you will be responsible for leading the technical analysis of how this work should be carried out
- Onto Engineering level - the engineering team will look to you as their guiding light for how they should be implementing a specific product feature
The Senior Technical Business Analyst will understand the customer segment that the product is being built for by working directly with the Codat Product function. They will sit with the Engineering and QA teams to help lead the implementation of new product features. It will be your mission to analyse the new project and understand at a detailed level, how the implementation interacts with our current product set.
The key components of the role are as follows:
- You are the go to subject matter expert on the implementation detail of product requirements
- The Technical BA will be an ally to the Product, Engineering and QA function and help drive delivery of functionality by:
- Understanding the customer requirements from the Product Manager
- Carrying out up-front research on a new project or product feature to identify requirements prior to build
- Defining what ‘good’ looks like i.e. acceptance criteria for a piece of functionality to allow Engineers to write user stories
- Understanding permutations of disparate data sources designing solutions to fit within Codat’s product
- Reviewing and providing feedback on user stories that have been written by engineering
- Signing off on the technical aspects of the user experience and ensuring this aligns with the Product Manager’s vision
- Clearly document the functionality of the new feature once it has been built so that it can be digested by the product team and by customers
- You can support Engineering with the permutations of the use case throughout the build process and help clarify what clients use cases are alongside the Product Manager
No matter what we are doing, whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other, we try at all times to live by our values:
We believe in delivering technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always sexy but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We have each other’s back - when things go wrong, there isn't blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with an even better outcome - not letting our egos win.
We believe that constant drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the primary method of building great things. We are biased towards action - our decisions are informed and then we act. There is no such thing as a hard problem - it is how we outperform others.
What excites us
- Technical expertise in Accounting software packages i.e. understanding how they work, what data is available from them, what an integration with an accounting package would look like
- Detail-orientated approach to writing out requirements. You are able to carry out the investigatory work of a high level problem statement and understand what this might look like
- Leadership experience with agile teams and/or other business analysts as well as stakeholder management in all relevant areas such as product and technical writers
- Clear and concise requirements gathering techniques