Codat expands its coverage to support Shopify!
This further demonstrates Codat’s commitment to expanding integrations with a wider variety of data sources, following the release of Square in December.
Commerce data is a highly valuable source of unique and immutable information. It can be used to provide additional insights not currently available via accounting integrations, such as customer, sales activity, dispute, chargeback and inventory information.
This month, we added Shopify to the Codat platform. Shopify is a cloud-based e-commerce platform that helps small and medium-sized businesses sell their products online.
Shopify is one of the largest e-commerce platforms in the world, It is used by over 1,000,000 small businesses in more than 175 countries. The platform’s reach is significant – In 2020, it was reported that approximately 218 million people purchased a product from a store built by Shopify.
For an up-to-date list of the software Codat supports see our docs.
What data are we pulling?
Codat’s Shopify integration includes the following categories of data:
- Customers: detailed customer information such as name and contact details.
- Disputes: information relating to disputes and chargebacks, including reasons and statuses.
- Orders: sales information, including payment, tax rate and country data.
- Products: details of products that a merchant has available, including inventory level information (where available).
- Transactions: details of all financial transactions recorded in Square, including payouts and fees.
Clients are able to access the above data either via our API or by using the Codat Portal. To gain a full understanding of exactly which data sets are available to pull, please visit our docs.
Who will stand to benefit?
Using Codat’s Shopify integration, clients can access a range of up-to-date commerce information from merchants. This can be used to:
- Enhance underwriting processes
- Validate other sources of data (e.g. accounting data)
- Offer value-add services to SMEs
In turn, SMEs can also benefit from accurate cash flow forecasting and sales analytics features, as well as a more tailored service based on their unique needs.
We have ambitious plans to continue to expand our coverage to include a number of other commerce data sources in the near future, Visit our Product Roadmap for more information about our future plans or to request additional data types for existing integrations.