Business Development Representative
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
We’re looking for energetic and hardworking individuals excited to forge a career in FinTech and software sales. We believe that each day we’re working towards solving an inequality in the global economy, by giving small and medium-sized businesses a fair chance to access the best tools, apps and funds possible so they can flourish in today’s world. If this motivates you, then you should apply.
Revenue is key to any company's success, and it all begins at the top of the sales funnel, with a strong pipeline of qualified and engaged prospects. As a BDR you will take ownership of the health and growth of one of our 3 Sales Pod’s pipelines; ‘Banking & Insurance’, ‘Payments & Commerce’ or ‘Business Apps’, feeding leads to your team, fueling their opportunities and sales.
- Generating new business through Outbound Prospecting via various channels; email, social, video, events and phone.
- Identify, map and penetrate Strategic Accounts
- Connect internally with the Product, Marketing and Partnerships teams to feedback insights and enable your own outreach.
- Qualify and convert Inbound Leads on your own Discovery calls
- Become an expert on Codat, conveying value to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Work closely with your Pod and the wider BDR team
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Sales or customer service experience and evidence of high performance is a plus
- Experience in financial services or selling to financial service providers
- Experience in enterprise or software as a service sales
- Experience working for a start-up or scale-up
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, and negotiating skills
- Strong executive and sales presence
- Good understanding of Codat and our clients’ product
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you