Client Success Manager (US)
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
As a client success manager you will contribute to the success and scale of Codat by focusing on managing relationships, contracts and renewals for the existing book of clients. You will be responsible for the retention and growth of your assigned portfolio.
You will develop long standing relationships with clients based on trust. Utilizing account mapping to grasp a deep understanding of client organizations and stakeholders in order to grow accounts and refer new business opportunities to sales.
You will work closely with our Product team and Solution engineers to ensure client feature requests and product improvements are documented and prioritized accordingly. You will be digesting difficult yet exciting concepts and be key in effectively communicating these in a succinct manner.
Building on your strong relationships with our clients you will ensure sensitive situations are handled delicately and with consideration.
- Establish relationships with your assigned portfolio of clients and ensure a slick and seamless handover from sales
- Identify growth opportunities and maintain portfolio control to ensure they are met with consultative input at every interaction
- Provide recommendations based on a client’s business need and usage patterns
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure client success with an emphasis on usage, expansion and renewal
- Serve as the voice of the client and collect feedback to drive continuous improvements across all areas of the product
- Identify problem clients and churn risks and ensure there is a plan to avoid churn and retain as many clients as possible
- Use existing CRM (Salesforce) to build a detailed calendar of actions for the portfolio of clients and arrange in-person meetings with all applicable clients
- Accountable for Codat’sannual net dollar retention goal
No matter what we are doing, whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other, we try at all times to live by our values:
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Concise and clear written and verbal communication
- Strong stakeholder management including the ability to overcome objections and build rapport with difficult clients
- Must have a sales attitude
- Self starter who is happy working independently and with the ability to ramp up quickly and consistently deliver results
- Ability to understand growth opportunities by listening and asking questions
- Excellent time management and organization skills to manage multiple clients
- Experience in an account management / relationship-based role preferably at a market leading technology or financial services firm
- Experience with Codat’s key markets lending, payments or commerce is beneficial