Executive Assistant to the CEO
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
Codat is seeking an Executive Assistant for our CEO. You will manage all aspects of their day-to-day administrative and operational needs and help them to progress their top priorities for the company.
- Manage and be the gatekeeper for their calendar – prioritize, delegate and resolve conflicts as they arise.
- Plan and coordinate internal and external meetings with a wide range of stakeholders. Ensure materials are prepared, coordinating any input from others and take meeting notes and track actions.
- Manage their inbox and respond on their behalf, prioritize, delegate, identify any actions and follow up.
- Be their project manager – work with the leadership team and wider business to progress projects and ensure efficient two-way communication.
- Track, manage and where required, complete deliverables to keep priorities on track. Ensure that input from others is timely and help identify and resolve bottlenecks.
- Prepare and communicate internal and external correspondence and announcements, working closely with our Communications, Marketing and People teams.
- Plan and coordinate travel bookings, preparing detailed itineraries and ensure all necessary travel documentation is kept up to date.
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- 2+ years previous experience in an EA role working for a C suite exec, ideally within a quickly-scaling tech firm
- You are able to easily interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization – from junior employees to senior execs at some of the world’s largest organizations and everything in between.
- You are incredibly organized and love putting a plan together, but can also ruthlessly prioritize and adapt the schedule as the day develops.
- You excel at project management and keeping track of multiple projects and priorities, even those you do not have direct control over and can push projects to completion.
- You value integrity and can handle sensitive information with appropriate care and confidence, even when under pressure.
- You are able to anticipate the needs of other before they arise and establish strong and trusting relationships.
- You understand that as an EA to a busy exec you may occasionally need to be accessible outside of usual working hours.
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you