What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
This role is to join the UK based Finance team- however the role will have a specific focus on helping to manage and own the accounting for the USA side of the business. We are not looking for someone who has already had experience with US Accounting and practices although it is highly desirable. We are looking for someone with a keen interest in learning US accounting procedures and someone who really wants to own a large and important area of work.
- Work closely with the Finance Lead to ensure the smooth day to day running of financial operations, largely for our US entity
- Preparing the US monthly payroll and 401k contributions
- Assisting with tax compliance and transfer pricing policies and processes
- Managing sales tax returns for the US
- Monitoring budgets and analyzing variances
- Ensuring forecasting for the US is continually updated and optimized
- Assisting with the management of US stock compensation plans
- Assisting with year-end group audit
- Assisting with ad hoc analysis, reporting and special projects
- Responsibility for the preparation of monthly management accounts under US GAAP for review, as well as any other reporting as required
- Assisting with the group consolidation
- Treasury management
- Helping to improve processes and controls to ensure the finance function works efficiently
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Desire to learn and keen interest in US Accounting.
- You have previous experience in a similar role with responsibilities giving broad exposure to US issues
- If you are currently studying towards obtaining a suitable qualification, or have recently qualified
- You can work closely with stakeholders at all levels and can communicate effectively
- You have strong Excel skills
- You can prioritize work effectively and are proactive in solving problems
- You are someone that wants to keep learning and improving your accounting skills and knowledge
- If you have experience with Xero and/or NetSuite this would be beneficial
- If you have experience working In a fintech or SaaS business this would be beneficial
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you.Apply