Product Lead- Data
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
As we scale we have created three Product groups to ensure a strategic focus across our product range. These groups are Connectivity, Integrations and Data and this role will be to lead overall product vision, strategy and success for the Data Stream.
Our insights product range is brand new and it is the first of its kind at Codat. Our product to date has focused on surfacing data in a standardized way, insights focuses on taking that data and deriving key patterns to make it actionable for our client base and you will be helping to grow this product, carve out its market fit and make it successful part of the Codat product suite.
You will have immediate responsibility over multiple roadmaps and your team is expected to grow substantially over the next few years.
We’re building the world’s first unified API that conforms to a standardized data model, making it exceptionally easy for our clients to ingest this data. We believe that there is a massive opportunity to use this data to build a set of Insights. You have the chance to shape what our insights product range looks like now and in the future, whilst creating a high performing team to assist you.
- Set the vision for your owning group and work with your direct reports to set the vision for their owning product areas
- Engage with customers and partners to understand pain points and opportunities
- Partner with product marketing and sales to prioritize product enhancements/fixes based on revenue opportunities
- Create and manage product strategy, roadmaps, project plans and clear product specifications that consistently deliver quality products
- Collaborate with delivery, engineering, design, legal and strategy to assess scope of effort, usability and priority of features as well as client facing teams such as support and solutions
- Ensure high return on development capacity (this will be measured)
- Act as product group evangelist to build awareness within the organization
- Build scalable processes where necessary to ensure your team consistently delivers
- You will define specifications, collaborate on ceremonies such as sprint planning alongside delivery and engineering, as well as manage roadmaps and prioritize development capacity
- Develop, motivate and grow a strong team of high performing product managers and business analysts
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Prior experience In a Senior/Lead level Product role where you have led and scaled teams.
- Excellent understanding of API products ideally with Data or Finance products (or even better both!)
- You’ve had experience in a small business either running/owning one or in a way that has enabled you to gain an understanding of the pain points small businesses face.
- You have an genuine interest in data products and the power good data can add
- You care about UX and design
- You’ve helped develop early stage or new to market products and ideally have done this for a start-up/scale up.
- You are a brilliant communicator and can conduct teams expertly
- You care about the people In your team and ensuring they can perform at their best
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you.Apply