What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London, New York, Sydney, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company and have recently closed our Series B, being funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
Conducting primary research is vital for Codat at its next stage of growth because it will allow us to drive the news agenda as well as supporting us to build the best products for the SME users.
As Codat’s Research Manager, reporting into the Head of Communications, you will have an exciting opportunity to build out a new function within Codat from the ground up. You will have the autonomy to create our research strategy from the ground up and own all aspects of delivery.
You will spend your time designing research campaigns, conducting qualitative and quantitative research and analyzing and producing public facing reports on SME behaviors. The research will be used to support our product development and communications agenda.
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Several years working a research-based role, either as an academic researcher, at a market research agency or in-house.
- Previous experience in both quantitative and qualitative research
- An analytical and methodical thinker with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent written communication skills
- An MS Excel whizz with comprehensive data analysis skills
- The ability to grasp the bigger picture; to build a cohesive and compelling narrative from the data
- A self-starter with proven ability to own the strategic as well as operational aspects of the research function.
- Preferred: Experience working in the field of financial services, technology and or SME research.
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you