Talent Acquisition Manager - US Commercial
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
As Codat continues its rapid scaling, the People team are handling 15+ roles at the same time and managing anywhere between 20-50 direct applicants per day. As a Talent Acquisition Manager, you will be joining the existing team and take charge of managing Codat’s recruitment for our US Commercial teams, including BDRs, Account Execs, Sales Engineers and Customer Success. As we enter into 2021, we are looking to triple the size of our Commercial teams across both offices so it will become your responsibility to hit our targeted hiring numbers, within the timescales set out and ensure we as a business can achieve our revenue goals for the year.
You will ensure we have a well-run, smooth recruitment experience for all candidates no matter their source. You will run and manage our direct to source recruitment channels to minimise recruitment costs, increase direct hires and ensure we are hiring the highest calibre of candidates possible. You will also be managing relationships with external recruitment partners to ensure we have good processes, excellent communication and ultimately get the best candidates at the best rates.
- Managing internal stakeholders and the process of creating new hires – ensuring new hire purpose forms are completed, job descriptions are written, hiring processes and comp packages are finalized – before going to market.
- Utilizing your experience and network to source and identify the highest calibre of Commercial talent on the market. Using direct to source hiring channels to increase the number of direct applicants and hires.
- Holding telephone screening and introductory calls with candidates, conducting intro and welcome sessions with candidates before interviews and debrief/wrap ups at the end of interviews.
- Organising recruitment processes for handling direct applicants, referrals and candidates from recruitment partners.
- Briefing recruitment partners on new roles and updating them on any changes, providing them with branded job descriptions that you will create yourself and any further detail that they may need.
- Ensuring the candidate experience is the best it can be by providing timely and detailed feedback and swift decision making, no matter the source.
- Managing our ATS, Greenhouse, ensuring we have a clean and accurate system.
- Ensuring we stay GDPR compliant.
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- You have demonstrable experience of working in high pressure environments.
- You have experience creating and managing excellent candidate journeys.
- You easily build rapport and working relationships.
- You are systematic and organized to a fault. You have probably previously worked in roles with multiple responsibilities or juggling different things at once.
- You have experience working within a recruitment agency or are already working within an Internal Recruitment type role.
- You have experience building up direct to source recruitment channels whether they be platforms like Hired, utilizing LinkedIn recruiter to its fullest extent or tapping into your pre-existing network.
- You will have worked in roles which have solely focused on hiring Commercial talent into SaaS businesses like ours. Whether those be SDRs, Account Executives, Partnership Managers or Pre-Sale Solution Engineers, you will understand what those roles do, what the requirements of each individual is and where to find the best talent available.
- You are professional, polite and able to communicate complex ideas clearly.
- You are tech literate, quick to learn systems and excited/curious to learn more.
- You are motivated to improve continuously - rather than taking things as read, you’re always working out how we can improve them.
- You recognize that you will be the face of Codat and what that responsibility entails.
- You have the ability to proactively manage expectations but also be strong enough to push back when needed whether that be internally or externally.
- You are empathetic and have the ability to embrace feedback and act on it, quickly - you really care about creating a fantastic experience for candidates, hiring managers and the whole team at Codat alike.
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you.