Technical Business Analyst- Integrations
What we do at Codat
Our mission is to make life easier for the lifeblood of economies globally; small and medium-sized businesses. Codat is a universal API for consented business financial data, powering the next generation of products and services for this historically underserved market.
We have offices in London and New York, and a San Francisco office will be opening soon. We are a privately held company, and have recently closed our Series B funding and are funded by Index Ventures, Tiger Global, American Express, PayPal and a line-up of world-class angel investors.
We live by our values of being united as a single team, building a product that is useful to our clients and their customers alike, with a focus and urgency that makes us unstoppable.
What you will be doing
The role of a Codat Technical Business Analyst is to be the subject matter expert for the implementation of Codat’s integrations with third party data sources. You will be responsible for Codat’s integrations with providers from one or more of the Accounting, Commerce, Payroll or Banking spaces.
The Senior Technical Business Analyst will understand the customer segment that the product is being built for, and the use cases it enables, by working closely with Codat’s Product & Sales functions. They will work with the Engineering and QA teams to help lead the implementation of new product features. You will be responsible for analyzing new data sources to understand and communicate, in detail, how the implementation should interact with our current product set.
The key components of the role are as follows:
- You are the go to subject matter expert on the implementation detail of product requirements
- The Technical BA will be an ally to the Product, Engineering and QA functions and help drive delivery by:
- Understanding customer requirements
- Carrying out up-front research on new data source integrations or product features to identify requirements prior to build
- Defining what ‘good’ looks like i.e. acceptance criteria for a piece of functionality to allow Engineers to write user stories
- Reviewing and providing feedback on user stories that have been written by engineering
- Signing off on the technical aspects of the user experience and ensuring this aligns with the Product vision
- Clearly document the functionality of the new integration once it has been built so that it can be digested by the product team and by customers
- You can support Engineering with the permutations of the user experience throughout the build process and help clarify what the user experience should be alongside Product stakeholders.
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- Technical expertise – you consistently produce high quality, detail-orientated analysis work for complex products, including working with APIs & data models.
- Clear communication – you can make complex concepts simple, and can clearly communicate requirements with the appropriate level of granularity for different audiences (incl writing engineering specifications).
- Deep appreciation of “why” – you appreciate the big picture, can investigate problems and understand that there is more than one way to solve them.
- Team player – you have a track record of working with cross-functional, agile teams and/or other business analysts as well as stakeholder management in all relevant areas such as product and technical writing.
If you are excited about applying for this role but aren't certain you meet 100% of the criteria, we'd still love to hear from you.Apply