Codat's global guide to the SMB market for fintechs and financial service providers combines extensive first and third-party research to provide solid market-level insights on SMBs, the financial software ecosystem, and much more. First-party research was carried out by Codat powered by the Attest Platform.
Read on to learn about our research methodology.
First-party research: Accounting software platforms used in each region
Providing a top-level view of the most popular brands, based on top-of-mind (open) responses.
Testing market vs. specific software = key data points.
Third-party sources: SMB market size & regulatory landscape
- Findexable: A geographical ranking based on analysis of 11k+ global fintechs based on: quantity, quality (including investment), and supportiveness of local business environment
- OECD SME and Entrepreneurship 2021: Using OECD data to benchmark the 38 member states (SMB structure, regulation, access to credit, skills, etc.)
- Euro Stat Enterprise Statistics (number of SMBs, employees, and, value-added)
- Thomson Reuters Practical Law: Expert Q&A Fintechs by market
- Builtwith.com: eCommerce usage distribution
Market sample sizes: first-party research
• Australia n=300 (Dec 2022)
• France n=300 (Dec 2022)
• South Africa n=132 (Dec 2022)
• Singapore n=273 (Dec 2022)
• Canada n=300 (Dec 2022)
• Brazil n=325 (Dec 2022)
• Germany n=325 (Dec 2022)
• Spain n=385 (Dec 2022)
• Mexico n=380 (Dec 2022)
• UK n=500 (Jan 2023)
• USA n=525 (May 2022)